The Beginning....You Can't be BIG & Sloppy

One of my first memories in LIFE! my dad taught me was, "Son Big men can't afford to be sloppy."  He told me that at a very VERY VERY early age.  Big men can't wear their clothes the same way those skinny Jokers do. By skinny I mean, fit, tall, short and all categories in-between.  Now almost 30 years later and decades of being BIG D.A., I'll explain that later,* the self proclaimed PRETTY FLY FOR A FAT GUY.  I realized more than ever what my dad was attempting to drill into my head. But what I didn't know that it would last a life time. 

In general everyone loves to look their best, whatever their best maybe. We all know the saying, when you dress good, you feel good... and when you feel good, your day is GREAT.  Well that may not be the exact saying but you get the idea. The point is looking good at whatever size can boost your confidence and self esteem.

The reason for this blog is to introduce myself, Hi! As well as provide a point of view on Style and Swag from a Portly Gentleman point of view. 

Which begs the question what the HELL is a Portly Gentlemen??? Lets break this down: 
  • Portly -  port·ly ˈpôrtlē/adjective (especially of a man) having a stout body; somewhat fat
  • Gentleman - gent·le·manˈjen(t)lmən/ noun a chivalrous, courteous, or honorable man.
So in my own words taking these two definitions I am a somewhat fat, yet honorable man, however I do it in Style Baby. 

With no further ado let's start the Show.


STAY CLASSY GENTLEMEN!

Comments

Popular Posts