Always Put Your Best Foot Foward




Part of my personal Shoe Collection
Riddle me this... What enters a room before you do? It is on you, but beneath you too?

That's right, our Shoes!

Shoe Styles  will vary widely depending on the occasion. 

Lets run down the list: sneakers, running sneakers, life style sneakers, casual boots, dress boots, dress shoes (Which have there very own vast sub categories) and the beat goes on.

 So many ways to take his conversation. When is it okay to where a casual sneaker with a suit?  Is there a more appropriate time to where wear dress slippers rather than standard dress lace up's or loafers? What's a good price point for a shoe? Has a heavier man can I wear the cheap STYLISH shoes that I know will lean after three wears? NO NO NO Listen Linda! Linda! Linda! There are so many question and so little time.  I will hit three quick questions I've heard overtime speaking with fellow Portly Gents about footwear concerns. 

When is it truly okay to wear sneakers with Suits? Answer....Any dressy casual occasion. Over the last few years this trend has turned into a staple in men fashion. Has it goes the marriage of comfort and style is heavenly music to a big guys feet. You'll be surprise how a pair of Cole Haan walking sneakers or practically any pair of Jordan 1's look with a well tailored suit. PRO TIP: don't limit your sneaker choice to casual or running sneakers. 

How do I keep my shoes in good condition and stop them from leaning? Well for sneakers I always purchase the repellent whatever my local sneaker store is calling it. If it is Dress shoes that I am trying to protect try to keep them shine before leaving the house each wear. The BEST answer I can give you is in the top left corner... Multiple SHOES! the more shoes you have to rotate in your collection the better chance you have of keep your shoes in good shape. As you can see I prefer clear case and I'm in the process of switching to flip front boxes.  

What shoe brand is good for me? This is a serious, I'm not a pitch man, but these are my suggestion based on personal experiences. Your going to have to buy and try for yourself, until you find the right BRANDS (plural) for you.  My particular favorite beginning with dress shoes is Cole Haan's. Decent Price for any young professional, they last well over time, and you can have them repaired in the event you have worn them out (five years later.) Two other notable dress shoe options are Johnston & Murphy's, which have a very similar price point and Allen Edmonds. The latter option will cost you a few hundred more. On to Sneakers, of course the HEAVY WEIGHTS (pun intended) go with saying Nike and Adidas. A great sleeper, on comfortable sneakers.... Bally's. Every pair I own feels like walking on a cloud.

Well that was a somewhat quick rundown on great shoe companies that make comfortable shoes for me and my Big fellas' as well a few question answered on care, wear and flare! Leave your comments below let me know what I missed and what you like. As always...

STAY CLASSY GENTLEMEN!!

Comments

Popular Posts